Instructional Systems Designer
Freelance January 2015 – Present
- Developed the CSS Bootstrap-mobile focused dignifieddecision.com and implemented the Google Analytics/Adwords campaign for lead driven web-site marketing.
- Performed duties as an independent contractor for the State of Colorado. Including Lectora development of over 250 eLearning web pages.
User Experience / Instructional Systems Designer June 2014 – January 2015
Microsoft – Insight Global contract
- Creating front-end graphical user interfaces, followed by training of said interfaces, on multiple proprietary projects and tool sets in a fast paced and rapidly changing enterprise environment.
- Managing deliverables with a focused emphasis on successfully achieving regular deadline driven goals and quotas set by Microsoft Leadership.
- Development of rapid program GUIs with Microsoft Visio Diagrams and writing high-level software documentation
- SharePoint/Exchange Server /Office 365 Enterprise Administration + front end development
- Deploying distance learning to 90 Microsoft employees utilizing SharePoint Enterprise and Microsoft’s custom LMS related to syncing internalapplications via cloud computing technologies.
Web Page Design Instructor | August 2012 – May 2014
Oklahoma City Community College
- Taught best practices in web layout as it relates to screen sizes and devices with adaptive Bootstrap, jQuery and HTML5
- Asynchronous communication, and weekly in-class lectures; selecting proper tasks at the appropriate level of complexity
- Familiarizes students with current standards of web technologies as outlined by The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
Instructional Designer | November 2011 – October 2013
Catapult Technology Contract for the PHMSA DOT Federal Agency
- Created government regulations training for transportation of hazardous material using the Saba LMS
- Actively participated in the redevelopment of 1,000+ obsolete eLearning web pages including the implementation of new features such as tablet compatibility, improved user interface, search functionality, non-linear navigation, embedded video and quiz reviews, all following SCORM 1.2 standard
Team Lead HTML Conversion Specialist | May 2011 – November 2011
GDH Consulting Contract for Advanced Academics
- Standardized archaic HTML code to match Section 508/ADA and comply with W3C standards, allowing proper display of training modules across all major web browsers and text-to-speech screen readers
- Trained and managed six employees, focusing on accomplishment of departmental monthly goals
Instructional Design: Functional knowledge in Learning Management Systems (Moodle, Saba, Desire2Learn, ROADS.), SCORM Conformance, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Flash, Camtasia, systematic instructional design models including ADDIE
Graphic Design: Adobe Suite (including Photoshop, Premier, Indesign etc.), Content Management Systems (Drupal, WordPress.), Google Analytics, SEO, cPanel Host GUI, Microsoft Office
Masters of Science in Educational Technology - 2014
Oklahoma State University
Bachelors of Arts in Liberal Studies: Art Focus – 2011
State University of New York College at Purchase
Associates of Applied Sciences in Multi-Media - 2009
Fulton-Montgomery Community College
Certificate in Graphic Design – 2003
Mid-America Technology Center